Follow me!

vrijdag 22 april 2011

Jef Soto vs MARS-1

Jeff Soto is an artist, illustrator and muralist who has exhibited in galleries and museums around the world. The artist’s distinct color palette, subject matter and technique resonate with a growing audience and bridge the gap between Pop Surrealism and graffiti. Inspired by youthful nostalgia, nature, graffiti, hip-hop and popular culture, his bold, representational work is simultaneously accessible and stimulating.

In 2002, Soto graduated with Distinction from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. In 2008, his work was the subject of an exhibition at Riverside Art Museum. Soto was born and raised in Southern California, where he currently resides with his wife and two daughters.

VS

MARS-1 (aka Mario Martinez) is a left-handed artist who spends most of his time in the right side of his brain, communicating through a visual language. His unique imagery explores possibilities of otherworldly existence through highly developed, multi-layered landscapers. Often employing a fuzzy-logic aesthetic.


26 opmerkingen:

  1. Woa!! They are both so trippy!! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow, such amazing talent displayed by these two individuals. Love their work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. first one be better, i like it alot

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great post, I really appreciate how much time you put onto this.
    I will be closing my blog soon as soon as I reach a personal goal...hope to see you in the next one.

    A fresh start!


    James

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Very nice artwork, I should go see Jeff Soto's artwork.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. the right side of the brain controls the left hand, though.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. They both look amazing, but if I was to choose which of the two works I liked more, it would have to be the one by Soto.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Both artists are very talented - I personally like the second one more.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Jeff Soto is great, i actually just posted one of his new pieces he created.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. whoa, these are cool photos.

    nice layout btw ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I love both, but I'm giving the edge to soto.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. therey both baller as hell. id have to see more

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I am a tad biased towards surrealistic landscapes, so there's that. hehe

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. I'm loving the second one it's a whole new world, I want to imagine this place in my dreams :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen